Great for the summer, Classic Vichyssoiseis a life saver for those hot days or cool summer nights out on the terrace.
A lot of people are wondering what to cook up for these lazy summer days that are upon us. Why not give the salad a rest for a few days and try something really appetizing and French for a change. Catalonia is big on French recipes and often alter them to become more Catalan. This simple yet delicious classic vichyssoise recipe serves 4 and takes no time at all to make. Try it out this summer! Ingredients1 tablespoon butter 3 leeks, bulb only 1 onion 5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced salt and pepper 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram 1 bay leaf 5 cups chicken broth 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
How to make classic vichyssoise
1. Take out a large saucepan or cooking pot and melt the butter over a low heat. Start by slicing the leeks and the onion into rings and add them to the pot. Cook for around 10 minutes.
2. Next, add the potatoes and season them with a bit of salt and pepper for flavour. Stir in the dried thyme, marjoram and bay leaf, cover the saucepan or pot and Cook for a further 12 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth or stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook for a further 30 minutes, partially covering the pot.
4. Once cooked pour the mixture into a blender and puree. Leave to cool down.
5. Prior to serving the vichyssoise, add the heavy whipping cream.
* Tip if serving the classic vichyssoise warm, reheat slowly otherwise the cream will change its consistency.